Monday, November 15, 2010

i turn the engine but the engine doesn't turn

My Pandora station has been doing an excellent job of serenading me tonight. It's actually my Moxie Fruvous station but it's been spitting out a lot of a capella music and recently a Beatles song and now a Wallflower's song. While One Headlight is probably the song a lot of people associate with the mid-90's Wallflowers (led by none other than Bob Dylan's son, Jakob), it was just the beginning of my love affair with one of my favourite bands. And on a day like today, when I seem to be struggling to keep it together, it is a nice reminder of how far I've come and how much further I can go.

I've been more productive tonight than I would have expected considering my state of mind after school. But still so much more to do. Timm and I have been talking a lot lately about the future and kids and where to live and all that kind of stuff which is giving me stuff to look forward to but also making it harder to be in the here and now and have so much not fun stuff to do. I'll leave it at that tonight before I just come off whiny and annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment