Monday, January 18, 2010

Waiting, waiting

I'm at home waiting to hear from PT schools, since I don't have a job or classes, it's been an excellent time to craft. :-) Although my mother keeps telling me I need to clean and organize and repack all this crap that I'll hopefully be moving soon.

On my way out of Chicago last week, I conveniently drove right by a yarn store (mom didn't believe me that it was on the road I was taking out of town, but it totally was!). The yarn store was called Knitche and was located in downtown Downer's Grove amidst really cute shops and restaurants. I didn't get to stay very long because I had to drive at least 4 more hours that day, but I did find some Cascade 220 that I've decided is perfect for Mrs. Darcy, leaving the purple Ultra Alpaca for Francis Revisited.

While stuck in the car, I started making a mental list of craft projects that I need to finish or that I can work up in a short time. In the process I came up with a plan for assembling my album cover tote bag that I've been planning on making for years. I started it on Saturday night and finished it this afternoon. I'm really pleased with the results, I'll post pics later. I also did some mending, which was obviously not enjoyable but necessary.

On the knitting front, the body and one sleeve of the Central Park Hoodie are finished. I looked at zippers at JoAnn's yesterday and they didn't have any that would work with the yarn at all, so I'll be doing buttons (maybe wooden? I'll have to see what I have in the stash). I finished my last pair of French Press Slippers, everyone else got theirs' for xmas and I'd never finished mine. I'm in the process of getting all the girls to send me pix of them wearing the slippers so I can make a collage. I'm also getting ready to weave in the ends and sew on button eyes for Owls. And then I might start taking pictures of all my knits on my dressform to post on Ravelry.

In case you can't tell I'm trying to not think about notifications from grad schools by keeping busy ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment