Saturday, January 9, 2010

Oh Alpaca . . .

So I figured out why there's been so much interest in my Clover pattern on Ravelry, it was nominated for a Bobby!!! (Yeah, I guess I'm slow to catch on, but with everything else going on I feel like I have a good excuse.) I'm completely floored that I was not only nominated, but that out of the nominations I was selected as a finalist. I don't even care if I win, I'm just so honored to have made it this far.

In other news, my friend, D, and I went to Personal Threads yesterday. They are having a 20% sale on all their yarn (maybe other stuff too?), so I ended up buying yarn for two sweaters. Being out of school and playing the waiting game before moving and starting work means lots of knitting time and I figured with the sale I couldn't go wrong. I bought 5 skeins of Ultra Alpaca in an olivey green to make a Central Park Hoodie, I've seriously had my eye on this sweater forever and I don't know why it took me so long to buy the yarn and pattern to make it. I also bought 4 skeins of Ultra Alpaca in a pretty heathered purple that I'm debating to use for Francis Revisted or Mrs. Darcy, any thoughts? I do love the Ultra Alpaca though, it's sooooooooo nice to knit with. It's super soft and so far has knit up really nicely.

On the road again tomorrow, maybe I'll get pictures eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment