Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Belated Birthday Gift

All week, I kept telling myself I needed to blog. Yesterday afternoon, I started planning a blog post in my head. I was hoping to type it up last night after Knit Night. But then one of my friends called to tell me happy belated birthday and we talked for 2 hours so all my words were gone and I didn't feel like posting. So I told myself that I would do it this afternoon. Little did I know that I would have a lot more to talk about today.

UNMC (University of Nebraska Medical Center) called me this morning while I was sitting at work. They had a spot open in their PT class! I had kind of given up that they would ever call and I had accepted that I would end up moving to St. Louis in August to go to WASHU. Now I don't have to move, I don't have to quit my job, I don't have to pay $88,000!!!! Well I am still going to move, but in with one of my friends so we can be crazy knitting cat ladies! It's going to be awesome. We're going to look at places this weekend and try to move in by the 1st of June.

Last week, Timm and I went to the Omaha Zoo half for my birthday, half because we wanted to go to the zoo at some point. The zoo is pretty giant and awesome! I feel it is best explained in pictures.

Timm's Twin


Hungry Shark


Timm and Me on Safari
Add Image

We went and saw Date Night and ate some yummy food and generally had a good time.

I worked the rest of the week and did a little knitting and quilting on my down time. I managed to get my quilt all into one piece and finish my Sylvi. Then my birthday was Monday, so I went to Iowa to hang out. Timm and I and his friend, Charles, all went to Sioux Falls, SD (3 states in the same day!) and went to Joey's Seafood Restaurant. I got crab legs and they were delicious. Then I had a wonderful cheesecake dessert thing that was like a cross between cheesecake and fried ice cream, all it needed was a few baked apple slices and it would have been heaven on a plate.

On Tuesday, Timm and I wandered around town and looked at all the good fishing spots. I got pictures of Sylvi in action and Timm being a dork.
Add Image
Since I've been home I added the next border to my quilt. I'm really happy with how its turning out. This border really helped to balance it out because it was starting to have a lot of pastels.

Close-up of a corner


It will probably be a while before the it shows any progress the next border is all pieced and I'm not exactly motivated to work on it. I need to alter my bridesmaid's dress before I lose all my time.

There's not much on the knitting front, I'm in a lull between major projects and hoping to start a new one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment